Monday 23 January 2017

The Prince Who Loved Me (The Oxenburg Princes, #1) by Karen Hawkins - Review

Dear all, 

I'm so delight to write a review about a historical book that has something that we all love. The blurring of a reader getting to fall in love with their dream hero. I think if this is something of interest with you then you should read this book and the review I did about it. 

The Prince Who Loved Me (The Oxenburg Princes, #1)  by Karen Hawkins

Meet the Princes of Oxenburg... Fairytales with a sizzling, Scottish, and delightfully sparkling twist from New York Times bestseller Karen Hawkins. Fans of Julia Quinn, Monica McCarty and Julie Garwood will fall under the spell of this enchanting romance.
Once upon a time a rakish prince who didn't believe in true love met a stubborn fair lady who wouldn't settle for anything less...
Prince Alexsey Romanovin revels in his life of carefree flirtation. So when his grandmother insists it's time for him to wed and whisks him away to Scotland, Alexsey vows to foil her plans. And when he stumbles upon Bronwyn Murdoch, the prince thinks he's found his answer.
Bookish Bronwyn has no time for a handsome flirt - no matter how intoxicating his kisses are. And she knows full well that a spoiled, arrogant prince wouldn't be seriously interested in such a firm-minded female. But if Alexsey is foolish enough to play such a game, then Bronwyn is determined to turn it upside down, and prove that an ordinary woman can bring a prince to his knees...
For more fun, flirty and dazzling romance, look out for Book Two in Karen Hawkin's Princes of Oxenburg series, The Prince And I, and The Princess Wore Plaid enovellaAnd catch her fabulous Duchess Diaries series.

Review 5/5

This book was just perfect in my opinion up until the ending. That was the part that I struggled with because I didn't feel like it was the best way to bring those two back together. It seemed to me that Bronwyn gave in too easily to his pitch of marriage. I also felt like there should be consequences to the grandmother and stepmother of the leading characters. 

The rest though made the book remain 5/5 stars for there were so few moments that I was thrown out of it and the detail she puts into the book is fantastic. I love the rich snippets of Bronwyn's favourite book as this proceeds. I think that the fact that Prince was going to give her a book was an incredible detail. The shoe part was a little odd for me as it was like she was making the last minute ditched attempt to make it feel like a Cinderella story. 

I will be continuing on with this series and look forward to seeing how the rest of it turns out. This, in my opinion, is a book for readers who are addicted to books as I am. The feel is perfect and it's so easy to read. I know that there is a lot of you out there that will enjoy this. So check it out and make sure its a part of your bookcase. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HEREFOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS


Thank you for stopping by to check out my thoughts on this book and I hope you come back for more reviews from me. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment