Thursday 25 December 2014

Winter's End-Clarissa Cartharn Review

Dear Readers,

Its the holiday period and I still had time to sneak this review out for all of you. Now I'm sure the author who wrote this story is very talented. Her name is Clarissa Cartharn. I must admit that I'm looking forward to sampling all of what she has on offer and to continue to read her work.

Winter End got 3 Stars

Blurb: 
http://www.amazon.com/Winters-End-Clarissa-Cartharn-ebook/dp/B00D1HSUE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419520824&sr=8-1&keywords=Winters+End
Out Now

When young widow, Emma Winston leaves her life in London with her two children for the quieter Breakish in the Isle of Skye, all she wants is a simple life. And for a while, she thinks she has it. 

That is until she meets the mysterious Mrs Kinnaird who suddenly feels that Emma might make the ideal bride for her wealthy playboy grandson, Chris Cameron- a man who holds his own dark secrets. 

Further still, when Emma's brother-in-law, Richard Winston follows her to Skye to tell her he loves her, Mrs Kinnaird manipulates all her power to keep Richard away from Emma. 

Will Emma finally let go of her past and learn to follow her heart?

My Thoughts: 

 The love story involving Chris, which could have been longer. I love the elements that Ethel the grandmother to Christ Cameron offered. Richard played a great, well rounded role in this book and came out as a great under dog.

This book fell down with missing and over used words. I found myself wanting to edit and I'm not the best editor in the world.. I hate giving a book less than 4 stars but the lack of edits made it impossible for me to give it higher than three stars. It's a story I strongly recommend you read. I think the author has a lot to offer us and we have yet to see the full talent she has yet.


I hope that you will check out The Winters End because its a great story that it just needs another edit.

Thank you all for stopping by and I hope to have more reviews for you,

Kristal McKerrington

No comments:

Post a Comment