Saturday 30 July 2016

Cinder- By Merissa Meyer- Review

Hello All, 

So this book took a little longer to be finished as I thought. Rewrites and edits are kicking my butt and making it hard for me to be able to keep up with the reading I want to do. August has my reading challenges in it so I will be balancing a lot of balls in the mean time. 

Here is the review that I did for Cinder, I hope you enjoy it and it inspires you to read the Lunar Chronicles too. 


Cinder Book 1 of Lunar Chronicles

A forbidden romance.
A deadly plague.
Earth's fate hinges on one girl . . .
CINDER, a gifted mechanic in New Beijing, is also a cyborg. She's reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's sudden illness. But when her life becomes entwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she finds herself at the centre of a violent struggle between the desires of an evil queen - and a dangerous temptation.
Cinder is caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal. Now she must uncover secrets about her mysterious past in order to protect Earth's future.
This is not the fairytale you remember. But it's one you won't forget.

Book Review: 

5/5 Stars 

Okay wow doesn't seem to cover this story. It does have elements of Cinderella in it and there is moments when its something completely different. Its a great take on the fictional children's story and it makes it feel more like this century and most importantly its so much fun. You can't help but feel trapped in the book and unable to let yourself put it down. The addictive quality of the writing in this book is just beyond words and Merissa has done something that I could only respect. She continues to surprise the reader with each twist of not just the future of people who need limbs but also the future of this planet. How it can easily be put in so much danger. 

How there will always be old world way of thinking that will always exist like marriage and how it has a lot of control over society. How the ranking system of where you are born and the problems of housing. She touches on so many issues that you don't realize that she has you questioning things while whisking you further and further into the depths of Cinder's world. The way that she leaves the book will have you scrambling for book two and three before you are able to grab the much needed hours of sleep that are needed. 

This is a book that you have to be prepared to give up a weekend or a whole week too. Don't even think about Netflix that whole week because this book will consume everything that you do. As you will find yourself asking "what in blue hell happens next?" 

This is has to be my MUST READ of 2016. I can't see me putting down the series until its finished. I have to say that I'm going to have to wait to see if Heartless is a series because I will have to wait until the whole series is out before I can buy book 1. 

Another amazing author for my must buy list and it needs to be on yours. 

CLICK HERE   FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS
Thank you for stopping by and come back for the second book of the series "Scarlet". 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment