Friday 15 July 2016

The Heir- Kiera Cass- 5 Star Review

Hello Readers,

The confusion has gone and I know why I was getting stuck in book 5. Book 4 explains all. I'm going to get into the deeper review of The Selection series 4th book in a moment. I have to say that I'm making my way through the short stories final book really quickly and I hope to finish that in a few days. Finding time to read is hard when your doing re-writes, edits and trying to find people to help promote the books that you have out there. So if you can give me some love by following my facebook page "CLICK HERE" or just follow me on TWITTER and I would be so grateful. Now onto the review itself.

Blurb: 

Kiera Cass's Number 1 New York Times bestselling Selection series has enchanted readers from the very first page. In this fourth romantic novel, follow Illéa's royal family into a whole new Selection - and find out what happens after happily ever after.
Kiera Cass’s #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series has enchanted readers from the very first page. In this fourth romantic novel, follow Illéa’s royal family into a whole new Selection―and find out what happens after happily ever after.
Eighteen years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon’s heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn’t expect her Selection to be anything like her parents’ fairy-tale love story…but as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn’t as impossible as she’s always thought.
A new generation of swoonworthy characters and captivating romance awaits in the fourth book of the Selection series!

5 stars: 

So the time jump was done really well from when America was apart of the selection to being queen with several children. We hear notes of her family history of heart disease which is a good lead up to book 5. I have to say that there was times that Kiera made this book feel like a setup for book 4. There wasn't any less enthusiasm in the book however the plot felt just a tiny bit rushed. Lucky that didn't take away from the overwhelming love that pours out from page one to the end of the book. Plus you find yourself giving over to the story in the same manner that you did with America. 

I have to say that the story stuck with me. I found myself thinking of Marlee and wondering how the other number 2 select had gone on to live her life. It might have been nice to hear more about them too. It was heartbreaking to see the Legers trying so hard to have their happy ending and getting nowhere. Its just typical that there isn't a full rounded happy ever after. But it makes this book perfect.

There is a lot of whining, moaning and complaining in this book from the new leading lady Eadlyn who makes it clear with gentle hints who her prince was going to be from the beginning of the book. You can see that if your paying a lot of attention to it. 

All in all another great story from the wonderful Keira Cass and I recommend getting The Siren if you haven't already along with the rest of the Selection series. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS

Thank you for stopping by The Selection Short Stories is up next if you want to find out more about what I'm reading. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment