Friday 5 August 2016

Bluemoon- Alyson Noel - Review.

Hello all, 
I'm getting into book three of this series as I believe that when you start a series then you should finish it. I don't hold each book against the author or the characters. That is why I think that you will be surprised with this review. 
Blue Moon- Alyson Noel

Alyson's Noël's bestselling Immortals series has been hailed as "addictive" "beautiful" "haunting" and "mesmerizing." In the second installment, Blue Moon, Ever can bring her family back from the dead―but only if she's willing to sacrifice the guy she loves more than life itself.
Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated into the dark, seductive world by her beloved Damen, something terrible is happening to him. As Ever's powers are increasing, Damen's are fading―stricken by a mysterious illness that threatens his memory, his identity, his life.
Desperate to save him, Ever travels to the mystical dimension of Summerland, uncovering not only the secrets of Damen's past―the brutal, tortured history he hoped to keep hidden―but also an ancient text revealing the workings of time. With the approaching blue moon heralding her only window for travel, Ever is forced to decide between turning back the clock and saving her family from the accident that claimed them―or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows weaker each day...

4/5 Star Review. 

So this one was a tough book for me to get through as there is a lot of bullying of Ever in this one. There was a lot of whining from her in this and sometimes she just seemed to do nothing other than complain. I wanted to get past this part of the book and it spreads nearly the entire length of the book. It put me off the book and would have liked to see far more things. At least had one friend that she would talk too rather than going to Ava to whom I struggled with from the first book. I just didn't believe in her character. There was just to many things that didn't feel like they worked. 

When finally Ever gets everything together it comes out that she has been tricked and that things aren't going to work out like she thought they would. The entire time I found myself hoping for more of a show down with Roman than what i got and I was a bit sad to see how it ended. I was lucky to have book 3 in my home as I would have properly stopped there in the series. I was just more disappointed with it than I thought I would be. 

What made this book keep itself at 4 stars was the love that I could sense from every word that the author put into. She put a lot of work into this story and that could be seen in the spells, magic research and the way that she put together the Summerland world. I think working on three plains is very hard and she did that well. She made the book 3D and it gave me a lot more to like in it. 

She has done a great enough job that I will be continuing on to do books 3 to the end. I hope that the series fixes the points that I'm worried about. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to have Scarlet by Marissa Meyer up soon. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment