Friday 19 August 2016

Cress- Marissa Meyer - Review

Hello All,

I'm diving into another review for you as I'm preparing to wrap up the wonderful short story book that I didn't realize went between Cress and Winter. So em yep that was almost embarrassing, however I got the next two books in the Alyson Noel series that I'm donating to the library when I'm done. I feel good about that.

Anyway onto the reason your here...

Cress- Marissa Meyer

The #1 New York Times Bestselling Series!
Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker; unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.

5/5 - Review

I'm not so sure where to start with this one. I was thrown a lot as many of you might know I'm not up on my fairytales as I missed a lot of Nursery growing up and my dad wasn't the read it to me kind of dad. So anyway here goes. 

I thought well this isn't your typical Disney fairytale that is for sure. I loved the whole thing, how well she went into the plot and the small details, making sure that the loose threads from as far back as Cinder were tied up which to me is pretty amazing as some authors tend to forget about those loose threads that aren't major to the plot line from book one by the time they get to book 3. So I'm clapping hard for that. 

I stumbled a bit with the POV jumps between chapters. I would have liked to have the chapters marked so it made it easier for me to keep up. Its a minor thing really and didn't cause a star to fall away as I finally got into the swing of things. I wasn't thrown to much out of the book that I didn't enjoy it. 

That to me is the main thing. 

I will say that the ending was nice and having a cliffhanger ending at book 3 like in the other 2 books just felt really right. I have to say it was well pulled off too. I'm interested in seeing what we have instore for us when it comes to the book Winter. 

I was nervous about starting this series way back when I first heard about it, but I'm glad I did in the end. Thanks to Kaytastic and Little Owl for wearing me down on that. Well earned 5 stars and can't wait to enjoy more of this lovely ladies hard work. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS

Thank you for stopping by, coming up next is Levanna's Short story book or Dark Flame so come back to see what I think of those! 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment