Sunday 2 April 2017

Shatter Me (Shatter #1) By Tahereh Mafi - Review

Hello All,

So I'm bouncing back into the dystopian sort of stories. I hope that you're going to enjoy the shift in reading material.

Shatter Me (Shatter #1) By Tahereh Mafi
I have a curse.
I have a gift.
I'm a monster.
I'm more than human.
My touch is lethal.
My touch is power.
I am their weapon.
I will fight back.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.
In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a riveting dystopian world, a thrilling superhero story, and an unforgettable heroine.


4/5 Rating- Review

I flew through this book as the story was intense and was a great read that got me back into the genre with a swing. There were some things that made this book lose a star and I'm going to get into the reasons behind that shortly. 

What I found hard was the style of the description threw me off along with mistakes that I wasn't expecting in a Harper book. I know that my books aren't clear of mistakes however there was a lot of moments when I was thrown out of the story by either a simple mistake or the style itself. 

Don't get me wrong I love how different the book was and how strong the main characters were. The plot was developed very well and thought through from beginning to end. I want to say that the ending was dragged out a bit more than I was expecting. I think that it was a great first book to set up a series and I do want to see what happens next. 

I found myself imagining Rouge from Xmen a lot and there were moments when I thought of the fantastic four, but not sure if that was meant or not. I wondered how many other people thought of those things. It was interesting and I will be continuing the series to see how the book saga goes. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS 

Thank you for stopping by to check out the book reviews. Support me by checking out the books on the right and stopping by for chats on social medias. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment