Saturday 27 May 2017

Eleanor & Park By Rainbow Rowell - Review

Hello all,

This is a special book review today that I want to share with all of you. There is even a note for the author at the bottom. From one writer to another.

Eleanor & Park By Rainbow Rowell - 

'Reminded me not just what it's like to be young and in love, but what it's like to be young and in love with a book' John Green, author of The Fault in our Stars
Eleanor is the new girl in town, and she's never felt more alone. All mismatched clothes, mad red hair and chaotic home life, she couldn't stick out more if she tried.
Then she takes the seat on the bus next to Park. Quiet, careful and - in Eleanor's eyes - impossibly cool, Park's worked out that flying under the radar is the best way to get by.
Slowly, steadily, through late-night conversations and an ever-growing stack of mix tapes, Eleanor and Park fall in love. They fall in love the way you do the first time, when you're 16, and you have nothing and everything to lose.
Set over the course of one school year in 1986, Eleanor & Park is funny, sad, shocking and true - an exquisite nostalgia trip for anyone who has never forgotten their first love.


5/5 stars 

Review 


This book has to be the realist book that I have read in the Young Adult genre. It not only catches what it is like children to grow up in a poor area, she touches on subjects a lot of writers shy away from. She showed a lot of human weakness and how helpless we can be in situations like Eleanor found herself in. There are many teenagers who are in the same position that Park is in but with other troubles of their own. This isn't just capturing love at the time frame they set, this book reaches audiences within this time period also. It's modern in its use of content and character development and I loved how she made them come off the page. 

I look forward to reading Rainbow's work in the future. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE  FOR GOODREADS 

MESSAGE TO THE AUTHOR: 
I didn't want to ask you what those three words were rather I wanted to leave them to live their lives without me disturbing them. I share a similar thought pattern and I struggle with walking away from the endings of my characters as I want them to live on and on. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment