Thursday 25 January 2018

Song of The Current By Sarah Tolcser Review

Hello all,

I'm diving into the depths of "Song of The Current" by Sarah Tolcser. I got this from the Bookloot box and I love that box. It introduced me to so many great things and I can't say how much I love that box crate I got. I have to say it encouraged me to get the Owl Crate box.

Song of The Current By Sarah Tolcser

Caroline Oresteia is destined for the river. Her father is a wherryman, as was her grandmother. All Caro needs is for the river god to whisper her name, and her fate is sealed. But at seventeen, Caro may be too late.
So when pirates burn ships and her father is arrested, Caro volunteers to transport mysterious cargo in exchange for his release. Secretly, Caro hopes that by piloting her own wherry, the river god will finally speak her name.
But when the cargo becomes more than Caro expected, she finds herself caught in a web of politics and lies. With much more than her father's life at stake, Caro must choose between the future she knows, and the one she could have never imagined.

5/5 Stars

This book was slow in places and made it hard for me to read. There were some pieces that made me stop feeling like this was a Louisiana book but felt slightly sad it wasn't set there. I love the whole concept of the book. I thought it was a standalone book until I saw the second one was up for sale and that ending was a happy ending for now so I wondered if the author planned another one. I was delighted to see that she had. I loved the romance story even though I feel like the book should have been a more matured book as there were scenes that were skipped over that shouldn't have been. I am so glad I read this and its a signed copy I have on my shelf. If you like sea-based books then I really recommend that you read this book. 

CLICK HERE  FOR GOODREADS
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK 

Thank you so much for your time and for stopping by to read my thoughts on this great book. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment