Monday 5 February 2018

Dark Guardian- Christine Feehan Review

Hello Readers,

I have taken time out of my very busy schedule to tell you the details about this great new book "Dark Guardian" by Christine Feehan. You're going to find that have been going over the many different elements and details that are presented in this great erotica paranormal book.

Blurb: 

They were masters of the darkness, searching through eternity for a mistress of the light....

He ran with the wolves...materialized from the mists...hijacked the very heavens to his whims.

He was the dark guardian of his people. So how, after centuries of a bleak, soulless existence had he, Lucian Daratrazanoff, suddenly come to crave petite, curvy, colorful lady cop Jaxon Montgomery, who foolishly made it her life's work to protect others from harm?

Fiercely daring, Jaxx would sacrifice anything to shield others-- particularly since a deadly menace dogged her every footstep, threatening all who got close to her. And strangely seductive, piercingly erotic Lucian was no exception. Lucian was powerfully, perilously mesmerizing--oddly gentle yet clearly a born predator. He had vowed to possess her, to guard her for all time. Yet with his every thirsty kiss, was he drawing Jaxon more deeply into danger . . . and his dark, mysterious desires?

Review:

4/5 Stars.

What I expected: Going in I knew this might be rough at times but it would all work out. I was excited that this one chooses to look a female police officer rather than someone who might be weaker minded. I was wondering how they were going to pull off the human stalker element and knew that I was in for an interesting ride. 

Review: 

At the start of the book Christine Feehan's Dark Guardian prologue, she dives into Lucian's past along with Jaxon's. She brings up abuse and makes you think about it and how love can overcome nearly anything. Even a bleak existence. I wasn't expecting the harsh life that she lived. The idea of someone going through this would make anyone's heart go out to her.

What made me take one star off this great story was due to a few points. One of those points was down to the way that Jaxon went from being really strong to depending on Lucian in a big way. The second point was Drake was made a huge problem then seemed to drop off near the end that made me uneasy. The final point was that wedding was strange compared to her other books and wonder why other humans who were converted into Comparthians weren't given the same thing.

What I did like:

The action was more in this book than the others in my mind. I like how Jaxon got involved in the fight with the ghouls and vampires. I think that it kept some of her strength. I wish there was more of this in the book. I also like how she was able to break through some of Lucian's commands because she was scared for his safety. I like how the twin helped her save Lucian when he was shot.

CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK

Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you will come back again.

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment