Wednesday 7 February 2018

Stalking Jack The Ripper By Kerri Maniscalco Book Review

Hello all,

So am going to go into as much detail as I can in this review and I hope you will bear with me while I try this new style.

Stalking Jack The Ripper By Kerri Maniscalco

Blurb: 

A #1 New York Times Bestseller!

Presented by James Patterson's new children's imprint, this deliciously creepy horror novel has a storyline inspired by the Ripper murders and an unexpected, blood-chilling conclusion...

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this dazzling, #1 New York Times bestselling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.


Review

Star Rating: 4/5

What I Expected: A chill spine-tingling plot that leaves me checking the doors, windows and making sure that Ian's not to far away from me when I'm reading it. I wasn't expecting romance or any real humour to it. I was expecting dark, gothic feel that is normally associated with Jack The Ripper. 

Review: I wasn't expecting the pictures and it added to the creepy elements of the book. It didn't helps that the book picked up from its slow start and left me breathless. I liked the interaction that was between Cresswell and Aubrey. I really get into the way that Aubrey is a passionate leading character. Its touching how she will not drop the case despite the odds stacking against her. I think there is a great tale of promise in the story. 

CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US 
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my thoughts. I hope to see you again. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment