Thursday 14 October 2010

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!

FREEDOM IS EARNED IS OUT NOW!

 http://xoxopublishing.com/shop-online/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32&products_id=93

Here is an extract from the book!


  Out on the street, the wind started to pick up again and I shivered against it while I wrapped my wool cardigan around me tighter. The bitterness of the wind whipped at my face as I rounded the corner.
     In the distance, I heard the sound of a motor bike revving. It was a sound that I liked and it reminded me of the country boys on their trail bikes bombing around the hills.
Moving around the corner, I started to walk towards the entrance of the local children's playground when I heard the bike draw closer at a fast-pace.
I stopped now and took out my car keys while looking around for the bike. There was no sign of it even though it didn't sound far away now.
I walked on with a shiver. I now crossed the entrance to the playground and it was then that I saw a black shining Blackbird come flying around the corner, slowing ever so slightly as the rider straightened up the bike.
I noticed the bike was completely black, but I could tell it was a Blackbird by its headlights. Upon nearing me, the biker seemed to shift his hands and, as he grew closer, I realised he was holding a gun.
The next thing I knew there were a series of loud bangs, then I felt my body being thrown to the ground.  Pain swerved my body, pinning me to the ground harshly and with a force that knocked the air from my lungs.
I felt my mouth falling open where I let out a scream of pain that erupted through my throat and I felt alone and trapped in my searing pain-filled body, hearing the distant screams of my friends and, not long after they started, the sounds of distant sirens.
Struggling not to let my eyelids droop shut, I could see blurry images of my friends all around me, but was unable to communicate to them.
The searing, burning pain roared and stabbed harder at me before I slipped into the darkness that had been clawing at me to enter.
In the darkness, I found peace and felt myself drift away into nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment