Tuesday 9 June 2015

Review of "The Tree Man" By DW Gillespie

Dear Readers,

So despite facing hard times at home with medical problems I'm still editing and working hard with Amanda Struz. I can tell you that she is amazing and her work on coversbystruz.com is an amazing book cover website. Those of you who wanted to get book covers like me this is the place to go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YD6Y8G4/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_dpI'm promising that we have a lot of hype behind the book that is coming out called "Flame". I know that you will be squealing when you see the authors who showed never ending support towards this book coming out with Indie Gyspy.

Now I will get on with the review of DW Gillespie's Tree Man which wasn't my cup of tea however I still was professional when I reviewed it. These are what I found in the book and my opinion is my own.

Tree Man Review
5 Stars

When the wind died down and the rain receded, the storm left more than just broken limbs for the small town family to clean up. In the crook of an ancient, lightning-struck tree, they find something they never expected. 

A skeleton, the bony arms entwined, hidden away from the sun. 

No one knew how it came to rest inside of the tree, but each of them see something different in those hollow eyes. 

Hope. Fortune. Madness. 

The Treeman offers this, and more. But the price they pay might be greater than any of them imagined.

My Review:

The darkness level in this particular book will have those who are into very dark and twisted stories watering at the mouth. This short story will repulse, scare and make you think all in one sitting. This book isn't for the faint of heart or those who enjoy soft horrors. The Tree Man is the sort of story that you read on Halloween and spend the rest of the night sitting in your best with a flashlight, weapon of some kind wishing that you read it in the delight. I think that those who love Stephen King books will find that this pushes the boundaries just like many of his other pieces.

If this was the intent by the author then I applaud them as they successfully succeeded.

Thank you for your patience between my reviews. I hope that you will continue to subscribe and keep up with my reviews and blogs. I hope that you will find these so helpful. 

Kristal McKerrington

No comments:

Post a Comment