Tuesday 4 August 2015

Reborn To You Snippet

Hello

Its a rainy day here in Helensbrugh. I'm writing fast and furiously while I share these awesome snippets with you. So check in with "Reborn To You" and lets hear what you think of the book.

Reborn To You

Amazon UK
Amazon US
Amazon Germany
Amazon France
Amazon Canada
Amazon Au

Chapter One

Back in 1991 my life stopped being normal. One day at a  playground, an accident would change my life. Some say it might have been a gift from God. I knew either way I didn't walk this path alone. He came with me and He made sure I remained safe along my journey. He might be the reason I was bullied later on in my life, for people didn't understand why I believed in God when he allowed so many people to get hurt. He made me feel less alone when I went through it. This is my story about finding my way.
I even talk about how I was reborn to God.
That fateful day, I contracted a virus called diphtheria, from which would start my long fight against juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It is a condition that can kill children if not controlled properly. This cast the dye that saw me grow up in the cancer ward of a small city in the north of Scotland. A place I found to be a better home than my hometown, which held so many demons for me and the worst place for a child to grow up.
Bullying got promoted by older kids and even some of the adults said it was for our own good. Make us stronger and toughen us up to the outside world. What I was going to learn is religion is frowned upon when a child  grows up in a school where if yours was not the chosen religion of the teacher, you would be met with hostility.
For such a beautiful place, the people were cruel and harsh. You were guaranteed to be met with aggression there if you stood out or wanted to be different.
Over the years, people begged me to tell my story. Some of them knew snippets of it already. They knew the long, hard fight I faced with those around me. I still can't believe I'm able to sit and tell it to a world, that might be able to better understand my struggles now. A world which will finally help others feel less alone or scared to be who they are.
The moment I became an author, more people ask me to tell my story and speak out against bullying. I'm doing that now. I'm hoping to help some of the celebrities out there with their own projects such as Ian Somerhalder’s outreach programs into colleges and universities. Those who know me know how hard it is to write about the times when I battled for my life.
The moments when people asked me to give up my fight. The way wrestling changed my life or the moments when I considered ending it all.
Yes, I have to say God stopped me a few times from doing what I now consider the unthinkable.
My life wasn't the picture perfect, quiet town upbringing everyone imagined it to be. For the first time in my life, I get the chance to share it with you. I don't need to worry about the handcuffs or the politics leaning down on me for being open and honest. Now I know there isn't a chance I'm going to get fired for doing so this time. I feared so greatly last time about my position within that particular company. Just took over a year later for them to fire me with excuses which didn't stand up.
I met two people back in 2011 that helped to change my life and I'm going to go into detail about them. One of them is still a friend and the other is no longer on speaking terms with me. Throughout this journey with me there is nothing I don't talk about, whether it’s WWE or my adventures or the power of those around me and what it means to realize your dream might be within reach; I share it all.
I talk about meeting my co-author, Joe E Legend, and how he changed my view on things. There is so much to my story other than my Christian journey and my fight with arthritis. You will get to see me; the woman behind the characters, the dance character, sick little girl, actress, children's TV star or the woman remembered for the crazy stories.
Sharing the life of a published author and how I found the different genres I did. There is so much more to the face you see. The person you wait in line to meet to sign your book or the person who answers her phone when she works frantically to keep up with the demand in the books she is constantly trying to pump out.
One of the few men in wrestling I know well asked me why I didn't call it “No Holds Barrage,” the truth be told I couldn't do it as I'm not a wrestler. I came close and you'll be shocked to read what happened to me when I appeared at the wrestling school to learn the craft which is as old as the romance book industry itself.
Until this book, I haven't told the story about getting off drink or abusing pain medicines. The man who inspired the movement in me happens to be reading this story along with the rest of you. Raven hasn't heard the story from me, this former WWE, TNA and ECW superstar might just be shocked to know how one of his videos changed my life. How he was one of the five elements that turned me back to my faith. He will be oddly surprised to know just what kind of secret legacy he left behind him in the dance scene.
How I wish he got to see the effect he had on so many lives.
He wasn't the only one; there are a few wrestlers walking around clueless about how they made kids with cancer fight for their lives when there wasn't any hope for them.
Joe E Legend is just one of them. You will get to go inside the past and experience what it meant to grow up as we did. I suppose this may upset some people, but everyone knows the rules in the industry. I do this because the world needs to change and sometimes one book can change it.
Tears will come throughout this journey and it’s why the box of tissues sits beside my screen right now; so many of those I grew up with didn't make it. I'm surprised I didn't take the rum bottle and the pack of cigarettes along for this journey. My promises to Ian and Joe still stand.
If it wasn't for me trying to live clean I suppose I'd be nursing the bottle and smoking away. I know what it means to use alcohol to numb the pain. For a long time I wore other people's sins more than my own.
At two and a half years old, I faced a fight not many people can even begin to understand. I played on a playground when I fell into the sewer and scratched my body up. I got my curse of an autoimmune system disease for the rest of my life. I know I won’t hit my fifties, but I do know everyone will remember my story when I'm done. There are far too many people, who know me now in the entertainment industry, who will not let me go into the shadows and for that, I thank them especially producers such as David Lyons, Mark Black and Kevin Reem. These three producers are cutting new grooves into an industry that has been stuck in a rut for far too long. There isn't just them, there are a few wrestlers who do care about people within their industry and it’s not about money for them. I want to thank Joe E Legend for showing me that this.
I'll talk more about how he sat with me on instant messaging and talked to me before I headed into surgery with another person I'm honored to call a friend.
Michael Manna, the man who used to be the biggest marker in my life for why I should stand up for myself. The man who taught me what censorship was. If you’re not a wrestling fan you may not get the joke, if not then don't worry I'll not be making many of those jokes.
My life up until this year, 2013, wasn't an easy one. My life still isn't and I have God to help me through each day. He gives me the strength to face what other people wouldn't be able to imagine. To know what I know and to realize just how much those you meet can mean to you one day. You don't know what your words can do to someone else's life.
Pull up those blankets, get those cups of tea ready, and have some chocolate handy because we are going to leap into me. The life remained a partial mystery and now I show you just how deeply a life can change and people will make you remember who you are, where you came from and sometimes you don't need a home town to define you.
Some of the most tortured souls make the best storytellers and I know a list longer than my arm, which will show you the proof of that. I'm going to start with my story.


Thank you all for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy this snippet.

Kristal 

No comments:

Post a Comment