Sunday 5 June 2016

Storm Front- Jim Butcher - 5 star Review

Hello One and All, 

Gosh I forgot to do the review for this book which is not like me but I was in a reading marathon which distracted me from the review side of things. Better late then never I suppose. I will be looking forward to telling you at the end of this blog the next book that I will be reviewing so make sure that you stick around to the end. 

Storm Front- Jim Butcher
5 Star Review
Blurb:
For Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name.

Review: 

Now this is a funny and sometimes dark storyline. The hint of romance is refreshing for the genre that I notice Jim dominating in. The characters are well rounded and you will not be disappointed. You'll find the explanation of the magic a little long winded but as I continue on with the series I hope that this gets less of a stumbling block. 

Harry is someone that you often feel sorry for, want to palm slap your own forehead and often shout at the book to say "Don't do it!" because there is so many moments that he seems to wonder into the depths of trouble all by himself. The story soon grows to a fever pitch that makes it even more enjoyable. I have to say the longer the story went on the more I didn't want it to end. There is really to much fun in this book. However if you don't like a lot of nude scenes then this might make you cringe. There is a sense of slap stick comedy that you can't ignore however the fantasy qualities will have you endearing yourself to Jim Butchers telling style. 

There is nothing in this book that Jim didn't make work perfectly and I have to say I can safely see why it was such a hit. Why it will continue to be a growing success book after book. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE
 FOR GOODREADS 

Thank you for stopping by and soon with any luck there will be a review of my thoughts to do with the soon to be classic "City of Bone" by Cassandra Clare. Enjoy your day/night wherever you are. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment