Tuesday 14 June 2016

The Selection By Kiera Cass- 5 star review

Hello Readers,

So I read a Young Adult outside my normal list of YA authors that I read that made it onto one of my bookshelves. I really need more bookshelves. I think I'll be adding Kiera Cass in the future and the review I'm sure is going to explain why.

The Selection- Keira Cass

Thirty-five beautiful girls. Thirty-five beautiful rivals…
It’s the chance of a lifetime and 17-year-old America Singer should feel lucky. She has been chosen for The Selection, a reality TV lottery in which the special few compete for gorgeous Prince Maxon’s love.
Swept up in a world of elaborate gowns, glittering jewels and decadent feasts, America is living a new and glamorous life. And the prince takes a special interest in her, much to the outrage of the others.
Rivalry within The Selection is fierce and not all of the girls are prepared to play by the rules. But what they don’t know is that America has a secret – one which could throw the whole competition… and change her life forever.

5 Star Review

If I had to pick one word to describe what this book was I would have to choose "Enthusiasm".  The author's up beat and excited writing style becomes addictive to anyone who reads this great fairytale. I have to say that its a great teenage novel for anyone who is of that age group or even an adult. I love the flow. What arcs she has created blew me away also. Never once does she forget about any of the characters she has picked.

If you think that the story of this book was just written in the excited style with that nail biting romance then think again. This is the personality of the author. I can imagine her fingers skipping across the keys while she listens and watches America Singer telling her story. Having the first one cut down the Selection group made me wonder if the series could continue into six books. 

The attraction of her writing style made me skip my bookclub list and head straight into the second book. I have to say that Kiera Cass for a break out author is by passing most authors who started out with Harper Collin's team. I can't wait to discover more. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR  GOODREADS

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back to see my thoughts on Elite. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment