Tuesday 28 June 2016

The One: Selection Series- Kiera Cass- 5 Star Review

Hello All,

This is an awesome time of year as there is so many great books coming out. I know that I'm stretching my book budget to the limits. Are you? 

Here we go with the "The One: Selection Series" by Kiera Cass

THE SELECTION changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. Now, only one will claim Prince Maxon’s heart…
It’s swoon meets the Hunger Games in the third instalment of THE SELECTION series!
For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.
Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.
America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.
The breathtaking third title in THE SELECTION series will make you swoon!

5 Star Review

From the beginning of the novel I felt nervous about the outcome that was coming at the end of this book. I was finding myself pulled up so tensely waiting to when Aspen and America were going to be caught. I have never been so tense over a book in the way that I was. I wanted to just scream at America and ask her what she was doing. I also wanted to slap her upside the head and say tell  him that you love him already. 

Once we have the king becoming our main villian in the series it makes the ending so much more hard hitting. It makes the emotions just a hundred times more pushy. I did feel at times the book was pushed to finish more neatly than before. I loved how the upbeat writing continued to break through the flaws that were in this novel and it managed to keep the book a 5 star review in my opinion. 

Kiera should be more than proud of herself in the work that she has done with this series and with how she has settled this book I'll be interested in seeing how she continues on the series. If it can still hold the same excitement that she has managed to infuse in the characters of this novel. 

I guess we will see. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS 

Thank you for stopping by and come back for the fifth book in the Selection series. 

Kristal McKerrigton 

No comments:

Post a Comment