Tuesday 21 February 2017

Fatal Justice- By Marie Force - Review

Hello All,

I'm getting into the second book in the twelve book series that was created by Marie Force. I have to say that I started reading this for my mother in law to see if she would like it or not. I think she will. I hope that you will fall in love with these books too. 

Fatal Justice

She looked into the dead face of the man she'd dined with the night before
Standing over the body of a Supreme Court nominee, Lieutenant Sam Holland is hip-deep in another high-profile murder case. The fact that she was one of the last people to see Julian Sinclair alive just complicates things even more. On the plus side, her relationship with Senator Nick Cappuano is heating upbut it's also attracting a lot of unwanted media attention and blinding flashbulbs.
The pressure is on for Sam to find Sinclair's killer, but a new lead in her father's unsolved shooting puts her in unexpected danger. When long-buried secrets threaten to derail her relationship with Nick, Sam realizes that while justice is blind, mixing romance with politics has the potential to be fatal
"An outstanding romantic suspense." RT Book Reviews, 4.5 stars, on Fatal Justice


4/5 Reviews

From the off start, this book takes us to the next stage with the story that had everything tied up around Nick and Sam. Poor Nick is about to face what most boyfriends, husbands of cops live with every day. For this part, I have to say it's a nice touch and think that there were many families who would have loved this.

I struggled with the double caseload that was part of the storyline that I found rather distracting or how quickly that the book did. I have gotten into loving the way that Sam can take on everything with great ease. The suspense and rush were what made my heart race faster.

The gang element seemed to be thrown in at the last second and made the plot feel slightly rushed. I did though like the ending that seemed to be a showdown in the heat of the moment at the end of the novel. It was a well constructed emotional outing that I imagine must have taken hours to write. There was a humour to the scene and a gut tensing moment that made me want to go 'oh snap.' 

The proposal in itself was worth reading and the heart stopping moments in between were also worth reading the book for even if there were parts that just didn't fit well with me. The book has a lot to offer a lot of readers out there. 


CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS

Thank you for stopping by and keep an eye on my Goodreads currently reading status to see what books are going to be reviewed next. You can also come here whenever you feel like seeing if there is anything new up for you to enjoy. 

Kristal 

No comments:

Post a Comment