Wednesday 25 November 2015

A CHRISTMAS GIFT 5 STAR REVIEW- A GREAT CHRISTMAS STARTER

Hello Readers,

So its so cold in Helensbrugh but yet there is no snow to cover our houses or to crunch under our feet. We are braced for the icy cold winter to come tanking in with its over powering embrace. I'm well into the depths of my list of books that must be done by the end of the year. We all know that writers and authors never stop writing right up to the holidays and through the other side. This year might be no different for me.

Starting at my notes and taking in a deep breath I have just managed to find a few moments here and there to do some well needed reading. I have managed to give you a good range of reviews. I am about to go through a list of books I have to get read too.

A Christmas Gift- Stella Wilkinson
Holly and Caleb had been best friends as children, growing up on the same street, but as teenagers they couldn't be further apart. When Caleb unexpectedly asked Holly to help him pick out a Christmas gift for his girlfriend, neither of them anticipated where it would lead. 
A young adult romantic comedy, from Stella Wilkinson, acclaimed author of The Flirting Games Series. 

"Oh what it is to be young! A funny, light and frothy read." Janie Oakes, Teen Reader Today 

Please note that this is a short story of approx 7000+ words 

My thoughts: 

At this time of year we are all looking for a story that is sweet enough to make us go "aw" but not to over the top that we don't believe that its possible. What Stella did here is combine all the things we love and created a believable teenage romance. One that a lot of teenage girls who read would understand and a lot of them would enjoy. Being that its a Christmas treat I'm delighted to see how well its done. 

Stella created something that is very hard to do. A full story about Holly and Caleb within 28 pages and that takes a lot of talent. It speaks for what she can do and what she will do with her future work. I think its the prefect short to kick start my Christmas reading period. I have read a lot of books this year and I have to say that Stella Wilkinson surprised me the most so far. 


I take my wooly winter hat off to her. 

CLICK HERE FOR THE AMAZON UK LINK
CLICK HERE FOR THE AMAZON US LINK 

Thank you for reading this blog and I hope that you subscribe to the blog so that you don't miss a review. I promise there is far more for me to reveal. You might find out more about my adventures in Helensbrugh. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment