Tuesday 19 April 2011

Gina Takes A Seat and Shares With Us Her Thoughts!

Hello Readers,

Today we have the wonderful, Superhero like publisher own Gina Cianfarani. She is the owner of XoXo Publishing and she is the one, who is leading the way in different genres, different themes and she is owed a hugs set of thank yous for giving me my voice so that you all could here my stories.  If that wasn't even she is jaw dropping beautiful and a Wrestling fan to boot. So without further a do, lets give a warm welcome to Gina  Cianfarani!

KM-- What effect do you believe the Wrestling world has on the Romance world?

GC-- Like any new genre it will either take it by storm or take time to develop into a new kind of romance genre that the public likes to read.


KM-- Do you believe that our Romance Readers will go wild over the young hot Wrestlers?

GC-- I think it is subjective. Not everyone enjoys or watches wrestling so it’s more of a love and hate relationship. I personally enjoy watching wrestling, and was a fan of The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) in his earlier days and now he’s one of my favourite actors. So is John Cena. I like Randy Orton, Mysterio, Edge and many others. I like the fact they support the library associations, a worthwhile cause to help literacy with their own Wrestlemania Reading Challenge World Finals. In fact this year we had a Canadian young man in the top three.
Grades 5-6: Eric Jose of Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Grades 7-8: Marinna Vela of Zillah, Wa
Grades 9-12: Brandy Eggleston of Durham, N.C. USA.



KM-- Wow that is impressive. 
KM -- What do you think of the Wrestling Fictional theme books that are starting to be published into the Romance and Writing world?

GC-- We’re one of the first small presses introducing the wrestling and martial arts theme as an actual genre. I think it will take off once word gets out. Authors need to promote more and understand The Art of Self Promotions. A book which is to be released this Spring in ebook, CD and paperback.


KC--  What is the hardest part of running a Wrestling and Romance genre?

GC -- There really is no specific hard part, in this particular genre. It is up to the author to create a work of art with words. It is the author's story and they have something to tell and the story has to take hold of the readers' attention.  If the story is well written it should be well received by fans.
KC -- Now onto some Wrestling Fan Questions . . .If you had a choice to ask any question you would like to the following: Matt Hardy (Cold Blooded), Shane Helms (Hurricane Helms), Randy Orton or Wade Barrett, who would you choose?

GC -- Well seeing as you haven’t mentioned any of my favourites listed above I'd have to choose Randy Orton.

KM-- Who do you think has the most romantic side in the Wrestling world right now?

GC-- LOL, well romance doesn’t really mix with current die hard wrestling fans! However, there are people who do use the wrestling world and martial arts for adult role play.

KM-- What do you think of Chris Jericho on Dancing With The Stars?

GC-- I watched Dancing With the Stars just for him. I love CJ, I wish I was the one dancing with him. Did you watch his moves ;)


KM-- Who do you think is the best looking in the Wrestling Industry right now?

GC-- I'd have to go with the favourites I listed above. And maybe a few others . . .

KM-- Now for some fun questions from the Romance Readers . . .What do you do to relax after a long day?

GC-- I read romances. I enjoy reading the Blaze and Spice line.


KM-- What is your favourite television show right now?

GC-- Dancing with the Stars and wrestling, of course.

KM-- What is the must see film for you right now?

GC-- Honestly, I haven’t seen one in a while.

KM-- What is your must attend event for you this year?

GC-- I have too many to list but they’re mostly all book signings, books fairs and conventions.


KM-- What are your must attend events for next year?

GC-- The Canadian Booksellers Association Expo, The Canadian Authors Association Convention and Book Expo America.


KM-- Are you looking for wrestling and marital art manuscripts?

GC-- Yes we are! Please submit your full manuscripts to: penny@xoxopublishing.com

With the subject line: Wrestling and Martial Art Submissions


KM-- How do we contact XoXo Publishing?

GC-- We are very active in various social networking sites and you may find us at any or all of the following:

Social Networking sites:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/XoXo-Publishing/258678558724



http://www.twitter.com/xoxopublishing



http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialxoxopublishingauthorandreadersgroup/



XoXo Publishing on Goodreads!

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/40634.XoXo_Publishing_authors


XoXo Pulse Radio
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344668248

We are going live soon! Be ready to be rocked, shocked and loved....
XoXo Pulse Radio. If you wish to be interviewed or have any questions please email us at
xoxopulseradio@yahoo.ca.


XoXo Publishing my space is still popular.
Here is our link:  http://www.myspace.com/xoxopublishing



Our XoXo Publishing blog:
http://www.xoxopublishing.blogspot.com/

Our website:
http://www.xoxopublishing.com


Our books can be found on Amazon.com, Amazon.uk and many other places.
http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online



For submissions guidelines and inquires please email us at:
submissions@xoxopublishing.com
With the subject line:  state what genre you are inquiring about.


KM-- I hope these questions are fun and not too hard for you.

GC-- Yes thank you Kristal for interviewing me I had a great time  answering your questions. I hope to be invited for a visit soon ;) Keep on writing those wrestling themed novellas and novels.

Gina xoxo



Well that was the Super hot and very intelligent Gina Cianfarani. We will have her back when she releases her Self Art of Promotions book in the near future and maybe have her back for a further interview into, who is Gina Cianfarani. So stay tuned readers. Tomorrow we have the H2H and XPac promotional blog then on Thursday I will be taking the hot seat to answer the same questions that I have been asking our guests so stay tuned for that! 


Kristal McKerrington 

24 comments:

  1. Thank you Kristal, I had great time answering your questions. Gina

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/XoXo-Publishing/258678558724

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the wrestling and martial arts idea if approached correctly could be a really good sales point, consider the authors that were at the front of the paranormal scene when it became big, they're best sellers.

    Taking risks that pay off always lead to long term success

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely interview.

    I used to be very much into Wrestling as a kid. I did have a story about MMA that I wanted to write, maybe I'll give it a go soon. ;)

    Great job GC and Kristal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea Gina, I like your wrestling and martial arts series. Congratulations Gina for taking the lead and starting this series and congratulations to Kristal for writing about wrestling in your novellas.

    Roche Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Gina for sending me the link to your interview. Kristal is all over the place, we need more authors like her. Your innovated ideas is what makes XoXo Publishing so unique in the field you guys are the best. Great questions Kristal.
    Carl De Gasperis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Gina and Kristal you two are wonderful as a team. What a superb publisher you are to involve yourself with your authors blog. There are not many out there that works as hard as you do or promote aggressively as XoXo Publishing. Rela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview girls. I am proud to be associated with a company that dares to go to the next level.
    I would personally never have the vision to try to mix wrestling and romance so congrats on thinking outside the box. I look forward to well written stories in the martial arts/wrestling themes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for stopping by. It was a HUGE honour to have Gina here and it was even more important to me since we are starting to get this genre off of the ground with series like 'A Different Life Series' as well as other series that are in the works.

    I'm so glad to see so many friendly faces here today. I hope that everyone will be around for the rest of the week with more Wrestling Intreviews including with one more of the XoXo Publishing staff appearing. We have Indepent Wrestler Sonny Black and a Wrestling Promotion. Indepent Wrestling Channel.

    So loads to come and mind the best comment all week will win a copy of any of the books from my back list.

    Kristal McKerrington x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm proud to be a part of such a great group of authors and professional staff. I LOVE XoXo PUBLISHING! I'm not ashamed to scream it out loud.
    Audrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comments everyone. Keep it all up. Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though Rick Flair is old school, I've always enjoyed watching him. He's from my area in North Carolina, and as a wrestler of "distinguished" age, he's a hoot now, doing voiceovers for the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL) and the NC State lottery. Nice interview.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for another great interview!! Gina and I have a couple of the same favorite wrestlers :) The WWE just wont be the same without Edge :(
    I'm gonna have to get my butt in gear and write that wrestling romance I've been thinking about! I love that this is starting to be a new genre!! :)
    Ashley A
    ash_app@hotmail.com
    (I'm a 100% PURE Edgehead!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey this is unbelievable that XoXo Publishing had one it again. I truly believe that XoXo Publishing is the leading publisher to introduced something new to the marketplace. I couldn't be more proud to be a part of the XoXo Publishing family. Thank you Gina, thank you Penny and thank you Amanda for all of your help. Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is innovative. I wish you great success with the wrestling genre. Definitely not a niche others are in. BTW, I never miss Dancing with the Stars either. That's the only show I hate to miss.
    Sincerely,
    James

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I'm super glad to see so many of you coming out. Its great to see the support of the new genre and its even greater to see all the support for our Superhero of the Publishing world. Gina!

    It was an honour to host her and hope to do it again.

    I'm going to get shot here when I say I'm sorry I'm a huge Hardy Boyz fan and a huge Rick Flair fan too!

    Kristal x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gina, a really great interview. I didn't realize that wrestling romance was becomming such a hot item. FYI, I grew up in a town known for producing some great wrestlers. One of the old timers too took a friend and me under his wings, so to speak, and tduring my senior year of high school, we trained to become "pro" wrestlers. I learned a lot about the sport, about the busines, and about the show called wrestling. One thing my mentor told me that made me change my mind about becomming a wrestler was "I've had almost every bone in my body broken at least twice. My friend went on to become not only a wrestler, but a referee and a successful promoter.
    I also met a Pro wrestler who was staying at a McDonald House the same time my wife and I were (this is not the same woman I'm married to now). My stepchild was in Dallas children's Hospital's ICU. One evening the pro wrestler was talking to several residents and described pro wrestling as physical acting.
    Some of the popular wrestlers of my time were Fritz Von Eric & eventually his kids, Gary Hart, Chief Wahoo McDanials, Chris Adams, Hulk Hogan (much later), Rody Pipper, Andre the Giant, Jake the Snale Roberts, and too many others to mention.
    Gina, I guess I just might have to see if I can write a short wrestling romance for you.
    G W Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Gina,
    Great interview and I love the idea of wrestling and martial art fiction. I'm going to submit a few shorts to start then a novella. Wishing you, Kristal and everyone at XoXo Publishing a Happy Easter weekend.
    Joanna Maj
    XoXo Author

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to everyone that came out for this blog. Gosh I never knew that you were a trainee Wrestler G. W. Pickle and I would be delighted to read one of you Wrestling Romances. I will let you all know on Thursday how I started to Write Wrestling Romance and most importantly why this genre means so much to me. Thank you again so very very much.

    Kristal x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kristal, I'll pass it on to yuou when I've finished it. I always use Beta readers to make sure I didn't miss anything. 1 quick incident, I was working as a Houston based traveling photographer. When we were in town we stayed at a motel next to Gilley's. One night I went over to Gilley's to have some supper and relax some. as I skirted around the dance floor, someone called out "Hey Madden, What the 'H' you doing here Come sit with us." The big guy throw one of his arms around me and guided me to his table. FYI, at the time I could have passed as a stunt double for John Madden, former Raider's head football coach and spokesperson for Miller beer. Some say that my voice also sounds like him. By the time we got to his table, I explained to him who I really was. I also mentioned my home town and who I had trained under. I Dick Murdock and Dusty Rhodes. Dick insisted that I still join them and refused to let me pay for my meal. They treated me like they knew me all my life and gave me a couple of tickets for the next nights fights. I remember Dusty tried to talk me into getting back into wrestling either as a wrestler or a manager. Back then I weighedabout 200 lbs and 6'1" tall and had no fat. I told them I'd think about it. They took me to the ring that was set up in Gilley's and showed me some new moves they were working on and ask if I wanted to step into the ring and referee for them. I did and I must say I enjoyed the evening. Dick ask me if I had (during my training) develope a signature move and If I'd show it to them. I did. They had Dusty get in the ring with me. He took a swing at me and I had him to the mat and pinned in about 3 seconds. They were all impressed.
    I'll be working on a wrestling story for an XoXo contest and will send you a Beta copy if you want me to.
    GW Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes that would be great thank you GW Pickle. That was an amazing story, I have always liked the Dusty Rhode's character. That must have been a huge honour for you.

    If you need any help let me know.

    Kristal McKerrington x

    ReplyDelete
  21. For all of the authors and readers asking us I'd like to inform everyone that we do have a YA Wrestling and Martial Arts series coming out soon. We will keep you posted check out our Facebook page at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/XoXo-Publishing/258678558724

    and at:

    XoXo Pulse Radio
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344668248

    We are going live soon! Be ready to be rocked, shocked and loved...an exclusive radio program about everything and anything romantic, the ebook industry and more! Coming soon meet Kristal McKerrington and her Wrestlers team.

    XoXo Pulse Radio. If you wish to be interviewed or have any questions please email us at
    xoxopulseradio@yahoo.ca.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gina is an amazing publisher and the first of her kind in her field breaking all ground rules.

    Congratulations Gina!
    Herb

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've had the pleasure of meeting Gina during a book signing in Toronto a few weeks. I'm honoured that she has asked me to write for XoXo Publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Lydia and May Eye Review for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete